My 2015 was a year of highs and lows, big changes and not much change at all. Here's a recap highlighting my ups and downs of the past year.
- In mid-January, due to a seizure I had last year in September (I hadn't had any in almost 6 years), we started thinking about not adopting at all. This was so painful it is almost impossible for me to describe. The indecision, prayer, talking, and crying went on for months.
- In mid-March our agency let us know it was time to do our annual update.
- In mid-March we put our condo up for sale again (had tried to sell it the previous year as well). We loved the renovations we had done but wanted a place with more privacy in the backyard.
- At the end of March I had a seizure.
- In mid-April, we celebrated our TENTH anniversary!!
My husband and I on our anniversary before going out on a date to Red Lobster.
- Despite the seizure and our continued consideration of not adopting, we went forward with updating our profile and went for our physicals in April.
- At the end of April, we went to our agency for our update meeting, and told them we are putting our adoption on hold. We decided we needed to get my seizures under control before continuing with adopting. It hurt but at the same time I was okay with it.
- TWO DAYS after putting our adoption on hold I had another seizure! Decided to go up on my medication which I did the following day.
- In May we went on a 17-day long road trip to celebrate our tenth anniversary! Leading up to it life was very stressful, what with seizures, putting our adoption on hold, and our condo up for sale. But it was a good trip. You can read about it here, here, here, here, here, and here.
- THREE DAYS after arriving home from our trip, we got an offer on our condo which we accepted that day.
- In early June we started looking at houses, and a couple weeks later made an offer on one which was accepted within an hour.
- In late June my husband and my niece both got baptized!
- On the last day of June the sale of our condo and the purchase of our new home were completed!
- In early July, we got the news that my husband's mom has been diagnosed with colon cancer.
- We took posession of our new home, a 1970's 3-bedroom condo, on the last day of July, and started renos right away.
- We moved in early August and started talking about going active with our agency again, as my seizures seem to be under control!
- My mother-in-law had radiation for the last week of August, and in early September had surgery.
- In September we let our agency know we wanted to go active again which they made happen the next day! I'm excited and hopeful, but have more of a peace than a desperation like I did before.
- We went away to a cabin for a weekend with my family like we have done every fall for as long as I can remember, but this year it was our last year. The 3-bedroom/7-bed cabin has gotten too small for our family of 12!
- On Thanksgiving Day (October 11) my grandma passed away. She was 91. This was the grandparent that I, and everyone in my family, was closest to. We were next-door neighbours my whole growing-up years. The funeral was five days later, on my husband's birthday.
My grandma and I at her 90th birthday party almost exactly one year before she passed away.
- Our country voted for a new prime minister in October and in my opinion made a very big mistake. (Yes, I'm one of those rare people who actually cares about politics, lol!)
- In November my mother-in-law started chemo. She is doing really well.
- As of December 1st I quit selling Regal.
- On Christmas Day my uncle (my aunt's husband) was in a snowmobile accident. Three days later, after being taken off life support, he passed away. It feels completely unreal. The funeral will be in January.
- There will be a couple big birthdays in my family. My sister turning 40 and my other sister's husband turning 45. Of course my niece that is turning 13 counts that as a VERY big birthday, lol! Cute :)
- We'll be doing lots and lots of renovations on our house.
- Of course I really, really hope we'll be chosen to adopt!