Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Motherhood Month - 11

Progress:  It has been 1 1/4 years since we were approved to adopt.

How I'm feeling:  I've never been one for enjoying taking the time to figure out how I'm feeling.  I don't like turning introspective and trying to evaluate my feelings.  "How are you?" or "How was your day?" are some of my least favourite questions to be asked.  I have a hard time summing up an entire day as "good" or "bad" as I tend to see various events or emotions (each which rarely last long) as good, bad, mediocre, etc.  I am a very live-by-the-moment kind of person, with high highs and low lows.

As far as the adoption wait goes, my thoughts and emotions range from one end of the spectrum to the other in any given month as well.  This month, I would say my feelings about it have included, but have not been limited to: contentment that God knows what He's doing and peace that He will time everything out according to His perfect will; excitement that we could get 'The Call' any moment and become parents in a heartbeat; discouragement as I realize that everyone's getting older - my child(ren)'s grandparents, cousins, us, etc; and both doubting if we'll ever get matched and also hoping we don't get matched before we get to go on a vacation to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in Spring! (don't get me wrong; I'd take Baby first!)

Craving:  Nothing; I just finished a lunch of Baked Eggs Napoleon.  A little something sweet to finish off the meal would be nice, though.  Maybe I'll eat an apricot yet.  There's one on the counter getting too soft and needs to be eaten.

Thoughts about our future child:  I know I say this often, but most of the time I'm simply just curious!  Gender?  Nationality?  Personality?  Things that don't matter at all but that I'm just curious about, you know?

Thoughts about our child's expectant mom:  I guess "curious" is the go-to word here, too.  What will our relationship be like?

Most recent baby purchase/gift:  Nothing for us, but we did buy a couple really neat gifts for friends of ours who just adopted their first baby.  We haven't given the gifts to them yet, so I won't post pictures here, in case they happen to read this blog ;)

This month God:  I am thankful for His Holy Spirit who lives in me and is continually teaching me, reminding me, encouraging me, prompting me.   

3 comments:

  1. :) I admire your patience and endurance through all this! I really do. I don't know that I'd have the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 15 months was how long we waited for Baby Girl. At month 15 I felt like I settled into waiting just in time to get the call. Vacations and other plans are hard to make with such a huge unknown looming over you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is hard to make plans. You kinda have to decide just to keep on living, and be willing to switch gears if the time comes!

      Delete

Comments are like little gifts! :)