Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 5, 2012

Liebster Award


Cool! :)  Caroline nominated me for the Liebster Award :)  The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers.  It is a way to acknowledge each other and say "you're doing a great job".  It's a fun way to spread the word about smaller blogs and help them gain momentum.

I get to answer a bunch of questions Caroline picked for me:

Why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog (which is still out there but I don't use it anymore) to document my experience with psychiatric drugs and my withdrawal and recovery from them.  I ended up hardly writing about the experience at all, and just wrote about day-to-day life or whatever topic I was up to tackling.  When I realized we were not ending up on the normal route of getting pregnant and having kids, I started to feel that my personal life was getting too, well, personal, to share about on the blog.  I was also hardly ever posting and felt my life wasn't interesting enough to have a blog about, lol!  I started this blog when we broke the news that we are adopting.  I love being a part of the adoption bloggers world.

What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
Well, I'm Canadian, so Thanksgiving for us was back in October and I am planning Christmas stuff already!  Thanksgiving isn't a huge deal at all to me (hey, I'm not an American and I'm not big into football either, lol!) but I'd have to say my favourite tradition is family gatherings.

Do you prefer warm or cold weather?
Warm!!!  

What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
Turn on the fan - got to have that white noise and the cool breeze for sleeping!

What do you do for a living?
I'm a stay-at-home housewife - not that I make a living doing that, lol.

If you could go on a trip tomorrow, where would you go?
I would go to Hawaii with my husband.

If you could go back to any age, what would it be?
I'm always so torn on this one - I'd like to go back and change things I did/didn't do, but then I think, everything must've happened for a reason.  

What is your favorite quality in your spouse?
His patience!!!

What have you or did you learn on your infertility journey?
So much.  Like, don't assume kids will magically be conceived when you want them to be.  Or, never assume you know someone else's story.

If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I'm tempted to be practical and say the grocery store...yeah, I should probably say that :)

Do you have a favorite quote, verse or song?
Yes, yes and yes!  Now to be serious, or silly?  I'll go with Hebrews chapter 10.

1 comment:

Comments are like little gifts! :)